Saturday, February 4, 2017

City of dreams

Hey. It'd been a while, isn't it?
Sorry for the super long delay because I was kinda occupied for the past one month. 
I really thought of updating something but I always ended up messing around with my own stuff. 
And here it goes, my long awaited update. 

January had been a really busy and eventful month for me. 
Chinese New Year 2017 fall on the 28th of January. 
It came kinda early this year. 



First thing of January 2017:
I started my second and the last semester of ACCA class in Sunway in January.
My ACCA life right after degree had been a really tough one. 
Luckily I managed to survive the first one (July to December 2016).
The result for my December examination for P1 & P2 came out during 16th of January 2017. 
Fortunately, it turned out to be a really delightful one. 
It made all my hard works pay off. 
I passed the two papers and now I only left with another three. 
And now, I wish to clear the remaining three papers before July. 
I am taking P3 exam in March sitting while P4 & P6 in June sitting.
Provided everything's running as planned, I'll be able to leave Sunway officially with my Lancaster degree and ACCA affiliation.

Second thing of January 2017:
I had my long awaited degree convocation in 20th January! 
For your info, I finished my Accounting and Finance degree back in July 2016. 
But the convocation came in really late (about six months after my completion of studies).
Well, it's better late than never, they said. Hahaha. Well done Sunway. 
It was a super busy day.
I rushed back to Melaka the day before convocation just to fetch my parents to KL on the next day. 
They wanted to attend my convocation but I was kinda worried.
I couldn't let them drive to KL as it'd been years since they visited KL city. 
Being parents who are not familiar with the function of GPS/Waze or whatsoever, it's better for them to let their children to do the job.
So the convocation started at around 2.30pm in the afternoon.
We departed from Melaka at around 9am in the morning with daddy, mommy and Yi Ying in the car.
Yes, Yi ying, my sweetest bestie, decided to attend my convo and she actually brought her own graduation robe just to take graduation photo with me! (Awww)
The convocation was a real pleasure! (and also a super busy one)
And I got to meet all the friends which we had not been seeing each other since July 2016.
I also hurt my leg because of wearing high-heels for the whole day, and it took me 1 week plus to heal (Ouch).
I guess girls could relate to my pain, uh?
And I also took hundred of pictures with my friends on that day. Crazy.

Well, thank you Jing Xian too.
She purposely traveled to KL from Melaka just to attend my convo. 
It's my real pleasure to have best friends like you all. 
And also my parents, thank you for all the supports whether financially, mentally or physically. 
And my papa, you had always been the most quiet person in the house.
But still, your love for me is endless. 
You have always showered me with all your love, allowing me to achieve whatever I want. 
Well I guess this is your way of showing your love, eh? 
And mama, despite all the nag and endless advice, you have always been a good mama, especially being a good cook in the house.
I will never get bored of your curry chicken. NEVER. 

Last but not least, thank you my family and friends throughout my degree journey.
It'd been a really wonderful one.
And thank you all my friends for attending my convocation and all the gifts!
I'm so blessed.

 



 

 



Third thing of January 2017:
Well this isn't really a new event associated with January, but I never really admitted it in any social media platform.
I started dating someone back in November 2016, and yes it was a surreal accident.
My initial plan was after June 2017, which is after my ACCA completion, because I didn't want anything to distract me.
Well, clearly things hadn't gone that way.
There isn't nothing much to say about us.
We'd been seeing each other for a while, and then we only started to date each other since November.
It'd been three months down the road and it's safely to say that we're still getting along pretty well.
I like the way we interact with each other, which this never happened in the past.
Without the need of compromising, we actually found our own way to communicate with each other.
He has a busy working life, while I don't really like to stick with my boyfriend too much (It's due to my own personality, I like to enjoy time being on my own sometimes)
We see each other once every week, or every two weeks and we're totally comfortable with it.
And I like the way which we have our own circle and they don't conflict with each other.
Also, he has been such a caring person to be honest.
Well, let's see what'll happen in the future.
:)






Fourth thing of January 2017:
Chinese New Year fall on the 28th of January (Saturday).
This CNY meant differently for me as my grandmother passed away last December.
According to Chinese tradition, in memorial of the dead, we're not allowed to celebrate CNY in a festive manner. 
In other words, we cannot hang TangLung-s outside the house, we can't wear bright red clothes and etc. 
This CNY was so different from what I had in the past 22 years.
But I guess I need to get used to it because it'll be like this way in future. 
I kinda miss popo in the house though, but well, we all need to move on right?
She had gone to a better world, with our blessings. 
In the past, we all gathered in popo house during Chu Xi, the first and the second day of CNY.
Being in a big family, the house was always filled with laughter.
I miss that moment, and it will never happen again.  

Well, during the first day of CNY, papa said we'll just stay at home.
So dear and I, we went and watched a movie at Aeon. 
It was a CNY movie starred by Jackie Chan, but it turned out to be below my expectation. 
Well, it's okay. 
After the movie, I brought him back to my house as my house was having steamboat dinner. 
It was the first time I officially introduced him to my family. 
I am grateful they actually got along pretty well, I guess? Hahaha. 
After the dinner, we went to Jonker Street.
It was kinda surprising that we both decided to go Jonker Street as we are not a fan of busy street and we usually prefer to stay in the house to avoid traffic jam.
But well, it's okay to be special sometimes, huh.
As usual, Jonker Street was so packed with people and we could hardly move as we walked.
One of the good thing was the weather.
It'd been raining non-stop since few days before CNY.
The weather at night turned out to be really chilly and nice so we didn't get our clothes sweated. 

And also, I attended C3Qing 2012 gathering on the fourth day of CNY. 
It'd been a while since we last saw each other. 
Thank you for the wonderful night guys :)



And yup, there are a lot of uniqueness regarding this CNY.
It was kinda a meeting-each-other's-parents CNY too.
As mentioned above, I brought him back to my house for the first time to meet my parents, siblings and aunties on the first day of CNY.
On the third day of CNY (Chor Sam), his brother invited me to have lunch with them.
Well, I met his brother, sister, mother, and his brother's girlfriend.
We had Sushi Zanmai at The Shore.





Lastly
February is here while I still cannot get myself out from January hype.
P3 exam is one month away.
And I should probably get going and get back to my revision.
Goodbye my little blog.


Goodnight.

No comments: